Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The funny thing about 1 year olds...

So let me just say that G has been a handful since turning one. He makes me smile each day with his new abilities. First and foremost, he knows which remote controls the TV. Santa brought him his own remote but he knows this is not the correct one for Daddy's TV. He also loves the vacuum cleaner. Yes- when it is turned on he runs to it and wants to push it and touch the light that is on the front. We also have a small hand vac and he loves to carry it around and vacuum while its on. So funny because- A and C hated the vacuum cleaner or any loud noise. I recall C being so afraid he would cry and want to be carried. So its rather funny that little G just loves it. I have no idea why but its ok with me. He also jibber jabbers constantly and makes strange sounds as he is just conversating with you . And he is always very serious when he speaks to you and points and tells what he is saying in his baby language. He is also making his first sign for milk and he knows the signs for bath and eat- so when you make them he gets quite excited.
We bought him a new pair of shoes so he is in size 5 now. He can tell the difference because he just ran around in his new shoes. I had no idea how quickly his little feet can grow. He has alos changed his routine to where he will fall asleep around 8 pm and wake at 7:30am. He wakes up only once for a diaper change and a bottle once in awhile. I think we are going through a growth spurt because he is sleeping very well and takes a 1 1/2 hour nap around noon. And thats it! So we are down to one nap per day. And we have moved to whole milk and he seems to be adjusting well, though we are trying to wean him from the bottle- he prefers his milk in bottle and water in his sippy cup. No fruit juice for our little man since his sweet tooth is with cookies( his arrow root and graham crackers) And his rare taste for the dogs food. Yup , thats right.. I had no idea until last night after dinner,G was in the pantry and spilled the Cherrio's. So I went to grab the hand vac and I saw him picking up pieces of Cherrios from the other boxes- so I figured ok- he can have those I will wait a moment . Then I thought - humm - he sure is chewing that cherrio awfully long now- oh my goodness! It was a piece of dogfood that had fallen on the floor from who knows when - well what was left of it. G was more upset that I took it out of his mouth more than anything.
As far as his eating habits- he loves Carrots and we now love broccoli , black olives, avocado,sweet potato and grilled cheese sandwhiches. Grandpa's lasagna and pizza. He loves any type of fruit and jelly on his toast. We are practicing with a fork- in fact one of C's forks what we have had. And he loves bread- all kinds- foccacia, rolls, crescents , you name it! just like big brother C!

No comments: