Monday, June 30, 2008
G and The Ferber Method
Well G is now 6 months old and we are trying the Ferber Method. For all you parents out there , you may be familiar with this method. For others let me enlighten you . This is often called the cry method. This is to help your child learn to soothe themselves to sleep. so we began this method last night and it was not fun. I gave G his bath and bottle- he fell asleep in my arms as usual but instead of my holding him for long period( mostly because I just love to)- I placed him in his crib where he awoke and began to cry. So I let him cry for 10 whole long agonizing minutes. I walked in to his room to soothe him and found him sitting up , in a corner tugging at the bumper pads. He turned around and saw me and really began to wail. So I picked him up and he quickly fell asleep and I placed him down about 10 minutes later and he slept until about midnight. Whew! Have to keep this up only make my intervals longer before I go into his room. I pray the LORD to give me strength. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do! And my hubby is out of town this week. I am to give this two weeks and its suppose to work. I hope I can do this for that long!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment