Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First Sentences

Gabe has really progressed over the past few months. With words like apple, up, mine, dog, ice, and his ability to answer with a nod of his head to questions. Yesterday he said his first sentences . At day care it was " I do it" and at home it was " Where is dog?". It was not until dear Hubby stated" Honey, I think he just said his first full sentence" and I had not really noticed , just went on as though he had been speaking as normal. It was at that moment we beemed with pride and joy as we watched our son suddenly burst from a baby to a little boy. Speaking sentences.. wow.. guess I have to watch what I say now. Yikes.. no more cursing when I bump my toe ... hate to hear him say those few choice words as part of his new growing vocabulary.
How on earth did it past so fast? How on earth did he come from those few pounds at birth to a hefty 27 pounds ? As I sat with him last night , holding him in his rocking chair ,I prayed and thanked the Lord for his blessing and cried a bit knowing he is growing up and I am growing older. So I guess I will hold him and endure the back pain of holding a 27 pound baby just because I was not ready to put him down, and wait for that time when he tells me he is too big for me to hold.

No comments: